COVID-19 Informational Release
March 13, 2020
COVID-19 Informational Release:
Appomattox County officials have been engaged with Virginia Department of Health and Virginia Department of Emergency Management to receive the latest information about COVID-19. Representatives from Appomattox County Government, Emergency Responders, Sheriff Office and Appomattox School Administration have been working together to minimize the impact if we would have a suspected COVID-19 case. All County departments will continue with normal business hours with an emphasis on practicing Center for Disease (CDC) guidance listed below.
Currently, Appomattox County does not have any suspected COVID-19 cases.
Appomattox County will continue to communicate with Virginia Department of Health and Virginia Department of Emergency Management and have posted linked websites to show how to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Centers for Disease Control and Virginia Department of Health experts remind everyone of the following guidance.
* Take the time to wash your hands often and thoroughly (for 20 seconds with soap and warm water). Turn off the water with a towel.
* Other than when seeking medical care, stay home when you are sick, especially if showing any fever or respiratory symptoms.
* Cover your coughs and sneezes. Use a tissue or your sleeve, not your hands. Always dispose of used tissues in a waste can.
* Avoid touching your face. Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as door handles, phones, and other technology devices.
* Practice “social distancing” by avoiding close contact with others.
Citizens are encouraged to go to the below listed websites for the most current information.