Appomattox Community Park
- Baseball / Softball Diamond
- Picnic Tables
- General Purpose Field
Appomattox Community Park Rules
The following rules must be adhered to at all times by all groups or individuals including their participants using Appomattox County Facilities for their event:
- Pavilion is available for rental by Appomattox County citizens only
- Pavilion hours are from 8 am to Dark. No one is allowed on park property after dark.
- No alcoholic beverages or controlled substances are allowed in park/county property.
- All vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas. No parking at the pavilion.
- No roads can be blocked at anytime.
- No cooking or grilling is allowed under the pavilion.
- No open fires are allowed.
- Please do not move the picnic tables.
- Do not attach anything to any part of the pavilion with staples, tacks, nails, or any other objects.
- Please do not drive objects into the ground around the pavilion because there are electric and water lines in the area.
- All trash must be picked up and placed in trash cans by each group using the pavilion at the end of their event. This includes cigarette butts on the ground. Each group is responsible for bringing their own trash bags and removing all trash after their event from the pavilion. Please leave new trash bags in the cans for the next group.
Appomattox County Facility Rules
The following rules must be adhered to at all times by all groups or individuals including their participants and non-participants using Appomattox County Facilities for their event:
- No alcoholic beverages or controlled substances are allowed on park/county property unless approved by the Appomattox County Board of Supervisors.
- All vehicles must park in designated parking areas. No roads can be blocked at any time.
- No parking is allowed on the shoulders of the road in the Appomattox Community Park and cars violating this will be given tickets. No vehicles are allowed to be driven or parked on Courtland Field during events unless approved by the Appomattox County Board of Supervisors.
- No fees (admission/parking) can be charged without the county's prior written approval. The county reserves the right to know why a fee is necessary and how the money collected will be used.
- All children, whether participating in the event or not, shall be properly supervised in order to insure their safety and to protect county property.
- All trash must be picked up and placed in trash cans by each group using county facilities at the end of their event. This includes cigarette butts on the ground.
- All games/events must end by 11 pm and lights must be turned off by 11:30 pm
- All events held on county property without lights must end at dusk.
- Any keys needed to a county facility should be checked out at the Recreation Department and returned after
- The event or end of ball season. No one is allowed to make copies of any county facility keys.
- No trespassing on county property after posted facility hours.
If these rules are not followed, the County of Appomattox retains the right to end the event with or without warning.
Appomattox Youth Sports and The Appomattox Soccer Association will be responsible for all maintenance on athletic playing fields. This includes the marking of the fields. Both groups are responsible for picking up trash daily, and removing all trash from the Appomattox Community Park.
Appomattox County will be responsible for the mowing of the grass on all county owned facilities.
Fees and Permits
Any special permit as required by the County of Appomattox, Town of Appomattox, or the Commonwealth of Virginia as it may relate to the event are the sole responsibility of the event organizer. Please contact Appomattox County Parks and Recreation for more information.