Appomattox County participates with the Region 2000 Services Authority Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection program. This program gives the residents an opportunity to properly dispose of materials which should not be put in the landfill or poured down the drain due to the toxicity or potential for pollution of groundwater. This service is available to all residents (no businesses) free of charge. In order to participate you are required to obtain a voucher from the Appomattox County Waste Management Department. You will also be given a verification form.
Please call the Waste Management Department Office to order your voucher in advance of the collection day. There is no one available on the weekends to authorize a voucher.
The region accepts electronics but please DO NOT take them to the collection program. We accept electronics at all of our convenience centers, at no charge.
- Dates: Second Saturday of April, June, and October
- Time: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Location: Concord Turnpike Regional Landfill located at 2525 Concord Turnpike, Lynchburg, Virginia.
- You are required to show a photo identification, present a voucher and fill out a verification form.
- Please bring items in non-returnable containers.
- Save time...fill out your verification form in advance.
The following is a list of acceptable items:
- Brake Fluids
- Furniture Stripper
- Photo Chemicals
The region also accepts electronics, but please DO NOT take them to the collection program. We accept electronics at all of our convenience centers, at no charge.