Click Here to download the Facility Rental Agreement
Oakville Ruritan BuildingAmenities:
- Restroom Facilities
- Tables & Chairs Provided
- Warming Kitchen
- Meeting Space
- Meeting/Event Space for Public Rental
Approximately 50 people
To reserve either facility, please contact the Dept. of Parks, Recreation & Tourism at (434) 352-5996 during the hours of 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday-Friday.
The Rental Fee for both the Appomattox Community Center and the Oakville Ruritan Building is $25.00 per hour. You will be charged for your pre-event setup time, the actual rental time and for clean-up time. Payment is due seven (7) days prior to your event. If we do not receive payment within seven (7) days, your event reservation will be cancelled. Make all checks payable to Appomattox County.
After your event, you must leave the building as clean as before the event. This includes the restrooms. Please note that the building will be inspected after your rental, and if the building is not left clean, there will be a $50.00 clean-up fee charged to the renter.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to cancel your rental reservation, please contact the Community Center as soon as possible. There will be a $25.00 cancellation fee for rentals cancelled within seven (7) days of the rental date.
A County staff person will be present and on duty during your entire event to assist with any needs you or your party may have. The staff person will also be responsible for opening and closing the building before and after the event.
Please do not drag tables and chairs across the floors. Also, please do not sit on any tables. Nothing is allowed to be put on the walls of, either, the Community Center or the Oakville Ruritan Building.
All trash must be put into the trash cans provided. After your event at the Community Center, please empty the trash cans into the dumpster located near the building. A mop bucket and broom will be available for you to mop any spills. Please remember to check the restrooms for cleanliness before leaving.
The person responsible for renting either the Appomattox Community Center or the Oakville Ruritan Building must be a resident of Appomattox County and must be present at the rental event. The person or persons to whom the rental permit is issued shall be responsible for any and all damages to the facility and other County property and shall assume the defense of and indemnify and save harmless the County, it's employees and officers from and against any and all claims, liabilities, judgements, cost, cause of action, damages and expenses whether in law or equity or otherwise and shall pay all attorney fees, court cost and other cost incurred in defending such claims, which may occur against, or be charged to, be recovered from or sought to be recovered from the County, it's employees and officers for reason of damage to property, personal injury or death of any rising from the Applicant's use of County facilities. The Director of Parks, Recreation and Tourism, with the concurrence of the County Administrator, may require such public liability insurance as he or she deems necessary to protect the interest of the County.
Facility Rules & Proceedures
- County facilities may be reserved by filing a Rental Application with the Director of Parks, Recreation and Tourism, whose office is located in the Appomattox Community Center, 220 Community Lane, Appomattox, Virginia. A Rental Permit may be granted by the Director or his/her designee upon receipt of both a completed Rental Application and the appropriate Rental Fee.
- The Normal operating hours for the Appomattox Community Center are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. The Community Center may be rented for other functions on weekdays and weekends up until 11:00 p.m.
- The person or group renting the facility shall be responsible for all persons using the facility, including keeping participants from loitering in the hallways and restrooms.
- No running is allowed in the County facilities at any time. Young children shall always be chaperoned.
- Smoking or the use of any tobacco products is strictly prohibited in all County facilities.
- No abusive, profane or indecent language shall be allowed at any time.
- Pets of any kind are strictly prohibited and shall not be allowed on the premises.
- Decorating of the walls, doors, and/or ceiling is prohibited. The assigned person or group responsible for the event will be charged for any damage to walls, doors and/or ceilings as a result of failure to adhere to this policy.
- Do not drag tables and chairs across the floors. Any tables or chairs that are used must be put back in their proper place and the facility must be left clean at the conclusion of the event.
- Vandalism will not be tolerated. If property is destroyed, the person renting the facility will be held responsible and will be charged for all damages.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited. No person shall use or bring any alcoholic beverage or illicit controlled substance onto the grounds of any County facility.
- The amplification of music, speeches, or any other sound audible beyond 50' is prohibited.
- No one shall leave a motor vehicle in the County facility parking lots after hours.
- Bicycles may not be ridden on the grounds, but if bicycles are used as means of transportation to and from the event, they must be parked at the designated location outside of the facility.
- Fire regulations prohibit more than 300 people in the Community Center.
- For safety, all lights in the rented facility must remain on during the rental event.
- Gambling on County property is strictly prohibited.
- Persons violating these Facility Rules and Procedures will be asked to leave County property and may be subject to criminal charges including, but not limited to, trespassing.
- The Appomattox County Sheriff's Office shall enforce all Federal, State, and County laws and ordinances in regards to the use of Appomattox County property.